A church is a group of baptized believers voluntarily joining for instruction, fellowship, worship, and service. The word church means “called out ones.” The church is made up of people who have been called out to follow Jesus. The term church is used to refer to all believers but is more often used to denote a local group of believers.
Jesus personally established the church while He was on earth to unite Christians as a spiritual family (read Matthew 16:17-18). Who was speaking when the words “I will build my church” were spoken?
The word church means “called out ones.” The church is made up of people who have been called out to follow Jesus. The term church is used to refer to all believers but is more often used to denote a local group of believers.
Why Be Faithful to a Church?
A church is a group of baptized believers voluntarily joining for instruction, fellowship, worship, and service (read Acts 2:42-47).
1. Through Your Local Church You Receive Instruction. Jesus has given spiritual leaders to the church (read Ephesians 4:11). According to Ephesians 4:12-14, why has God given leaders to the church?
2. Through Your Local Church You Have the Privilege of Fellowship. God has placed individuals in families for their care, protection, fellowship, and development. You need the church for all the reasons you need a family and many more. According to Hebrews 10:24-25, why do you need the fellowship of the church?
3. Through Your Local Church You Meet to Worship. What are some of the things that happen when you worship (read Colossians 3:16)?
4. Through Your Local Church You Have Opportunities for Service. The church is the proper avenue to serve God. God has given you special gifts and abilities in order to serve (read Romans 12:6-8). Jesus taught in Matthew 28:19 that the church’s mission is to: “Therefore go and _______________ ______________________ of all nations.”
(1) Sharing eternal life with the world
(2) Baptizing new believers
(3) Teaching the Bible
(4) The joy of ministering in Christ’s name
(5) Giving your money, time, and talents
Your Church Name?
Sunday School Teacher?
The word “church” means __________________________________________________________
Name four reasons to be faithful to your church.
The mission of the church is to _______________________________________________________
“I rejoiced with those who said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord’”
YOU’RE DOING GREAT. THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
(First Steps lessons are adapted from "Beginning Steps, A Growth Guide for New Believers, ©1993, North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, Alpharetta, Georgia)
"Be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." Luke 12:40
Copyright © 2020 Get Ready Now 4 Life - All Rights Reserved.